The bookkeeper will be responsible for maintaining financial records for our clients. We are seeking someone who is willing to work from their home office and travel to the clients when needed. Travel compensation to be discussed. This is a part-time position of 2-3 days per week with the option of extra hours during tax season.
- Manage payroll for multiple companies
- Process a variety of accounts payable and receivable transactions
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Resolve invoice/bank/receipt discrepancies and variances
- Verify supporting documentation and approve and post data to appropriate accounts
- Provide input and recommend improvements to all accounting practices and processes, tailored to specific client situations
- Assist with year-end balancing and reconciliation of accounts, and with the preparation of annual returns and documents such as T4’s
- Preparing, checking, and filing HST returns
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and traits listed below. Since we are a very personable accounting company, strong communication skills are of the highest importance.
- A certified Bookkeeper
- Proficient with Quickbooks (specifically Quickbooks Online)
- Has worked with Tsheets
- Experience with payroll
- Comfortable traveling to work on-site with clients
- Skilled with technology and willing to learn new software
- Excellent attention to details and the ability to strike a balance between accuracy, efficiency, and quality.
- Has excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Can manage and prioritise multiple, sometimes competing, deadlines
- Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills